Ayrshire Archaeological & Natural History Society
Aims of the Society
The AANHS aims to
· promote interest in archaeology, history, natural history with particular reference to Ayrshire
· encourage the study of these subjects and stimulate research
· promote the conservation of the heritage of Ayrshire
· publish regularly material relevant to the Society's objectives
· co-operate with appropriate organisations
The Society has over 170 members, mainly resident in Ayrshire but there are many members throughout Britain and the world. The membership also includes library and university bodies.
The Society is one of the few which publishes regularly. Two Monographs are usually issued each year, free to members, and on sale to the general public.
Meetings are held during the winter months in the Town Hall, Sandgate, Ayr. Members of the public are freely welcome to attend these meetings to see if they would like to become a member.
In the summer months, trips are organised to various places of interest.
The Society is affiliated to the following organisations:
Ayrshire Federation of Historical Societies
Click image to find out more...